Oceans: (noun) The vast body of salt water that covers almost three fourths of the earth’s surface.
Opposite is a red-brick monastery leaning like an ocean liner in the snow.
Extra Info: Listen a little more about the ocean. Here you can take a brief tour of the ocean and take in more info about them.
Ocean-Themed Graham Crackers
Marine Biologist: Marine biologists study a wide variety of ocean creatures, from tiny plankton to massive whales! It is common for marine biologists to focus on, or specialize in, studying a particular species.
Career Examples: Environmental engineer, research biologist, aquarist, oceanographer, fishery biologist, program manager, professor
Salary Average: $62,000 per year
Can you help get rid of the oil spills in the ocean?
YOU WILL NEED :
STEP 1: Fill the tin pan/ tray half full of water.
STEP 2: Pour oil into the water.
STEP 3: Try different ways to clean up the oil. Can you use the cotton balls? The paper towels? How about the spoon to scoop out the oil?
STEP 4: Lastly, try using the Dawn Dish Soap.
For more fun set a timer and see how much oil is recollected at the end of the given time!
Are you looking for more ways to enjoy Habitat Week?
If you said YES, check out the links below!
1. Learning Junction – This video explains about animal habitat or animal homes.
2. National Geographic’s for Kids – From the depths of the ocean to the top of the highest mountain, habitats are places where plants and animals live. Learn about these unique regions of our planet.
3. Kid Zone – Kid Zone Habits allows you to explore, color, and identify a variety of animal habitats. They even have links to other exciting activity pages!
4. Virtual Habitat Field Trips – In this field trip, you will be learning about animal habitats around the world.
5. The Tuscan Rescue Ranch – Visit Toucan Rescue Ranch right from the comfort of our home! During the authentic experience you will have the opportunity to travel to Costa Rica and explore a the magic of Costa Rican wildlife.